Content is often one of the most overlooked parts of a blog.
Many bloggers do not take time to work on their writing skills and these results in frustration because of poor results.
How can you expect results with poor content? So, you should take time to write good posts and then properly polish them.
Here Are 3 Tips That Will Surely Improve Your Posts:
#1. Proof Read Twice:
Proof Read Your Articles. You have read this everywhere! Almost every blogger says this. But come down to real world and ask yourself, “Do I properly proof read my content after writing?” 80% of people out there will answer no! Why? There are several reasons behind this:
- Lack Of Time: This is the most common problem. Sometimes people really lack time but usually, it is self-created! People write their posts with hundreds of other tabs open and keep thinking of new messages on Social networking sites etc.
- Lack of Passion: I have said again and again that you should take time to choose a good topic for your blog. You must have passion for what you write. Without passion, blogging becomes more of a burden.
- Lack of Determination: This is again a very common problem. New bloggers are often disappointed by poor results in beginning and write half-hearted posts which bring even poorer results!
- Lack of Management: Many bloggers create multiple blogs and then are not able to properly manage them. Result? Poor content on all the blogs.
- Lack of Ideas: Sometimes, ideas seem to be running away. They just do not strike your mind.
How to Find Time for Proof Reading?
Proof reading is essential and you must spend some time on it. Here are some tips to find time for proof reading:
- Write Posts Yourself: Writing a quality post yourself will help you to read it again and again easily. You will not find it difficult while reading.
- Choose the Topic Carefully: Choose the right topic for yourself. Never even think about starting a blog about a topic that does not interest you.
- Be Determined: Stay prepared for bad results! In beginning, you will get low traffic and almost no comments. Just keep working in right direction.
- Manage Your Time: Learn to prioritize your tasks. Give priority to content and promotion. If you do not have much time, stop thinking about design tweaks or new themes, focus on essentials! Learn Attracting Ideas: Ideas are everywhere. All you need is to learn to attract them.
#2. Make Posts Easy to Scan
Make Content Scan able. Remember, most readers do not read the post straightaway; they first take a look and scan through it. If you have made it scan able, such readers may read the full post.
How To Make Your Posts Easy to Scan:
To make your posts easy to scan, you have to emphasize on important areas. Here’s how to do this:
- Adding Images: Images grab attention quickly. All you need is to place them at right place. Place images around main points/heading.
- Using Text Formatting: Make important text bold or colored. This is also an easy attention grabber. Just make sure to not over highlight.
- Adding Lists: Lists are also good attention grabbers. Place them between the paragraphs for most attention. Like I have done a listing in this post with Bullets and Numbers. It actually attracts user to read it and they find it easy than reading a whole paragraph that make them bore.
- Tables: A well formatted table can attract lot of attention. Use table as a summary and throw some images to make it attractive.
#3. Write Only When You Want
No matter how many tips we give, nothing is going to work until you write the post with passion. You need to have passion for the topic you have chosen. Sometimes, we are just hit by laziness! In such times, stop writing and rest awhile. If you ‘must’ write something, try taking a gap of 5 minutes and do other things. From other thing I mean other than blogging stuff. Try to spent these 5 minutes in reading current affairs, chatting with friends, eating, being fresh or what more you can do.
If you apply these tips well, posts will surely improve. Have other tips to improve posts? Do share in comments! If you liked this post, consider Sharing and Subscribing!